Real estate agents can be considered to be in the business of selling potential. While homes and properties are the manifest goods that are being bought and sold, there is actually much more value that a professional realtor adds to the transaction. Along with the structure that is being considered, clients are also personally invested in what the purchase of a home or moving to a new community can mean to their own future. In a large metropolis such as Los Angeles this can be even more important. As a real estate professional your knowledge about desired neighborhoods can make an enormous difference for the prospective buyer.
From this perspective, blogging can become an ideal way for agents to promote this value added aspect to future clients, while also building reputation and expertise in the field.
Check out these real estate blogging tips:
- Selling the community – writing about the local artist community, gentrification, urban issues such as homelessness, restaurant scene, vintage furniture, new business and staging companies, neighborhood events and happenings can convey the personality of the area, and this also ties in to the concept of selling potential.
- Personal stories – professional blogs that include human interest points can paint a positive picture of the realtor and their abilities. Do a short interview with the owner of that new cool coffee place!
- Market updates – giving potential clients an insight into the best times to buy or sell also raises reputation.
- Humorous anecdotes – every professional realtor has had an experience of unexpected findings about a property, show your personality through sharing these stories.
- Municipal news – this can include information that can also educate clients about the community, including school systems and Town Hall proposals. Most buyers with small children will be very interested in local schools, make sure you know about the ‘Greatschools’ rating of each school in the area you are writing about.
One of the important things to remember about blogging is that while it should be informative and insightful, it can also give clients a personal feel about their realtor. This is often the connection that is required for trust and closing a sale. Being authentic, friendly and approachable can go a long way in making a prospective client comfortable enough to reach out to you. Increasing your customer base that isn’t coming to you from in real life word of mouth but finding you online can be difficult at first and there are no short cuts. Staying the course and creating fresh content regularly will make a big difference towards your find ability and subsequent conversions into real life clients and relationships.
We can help you to establish a blogging strategy, teach you how to blog, and how to make the most out of your content by publishing it the right way, on the right platforms. We do this using our Smart Social Solution to teach you how to streamline your online efforts. If you would rather outsource the entire process that is also very possible. We have created packages just for this! Reach out today and see what we can do to take your real estate business to the next level. We hope you enjoyed our real estate blogging tips. Ask us for more tips anytime @socialnesss.